Schedule A Visit
The Admissions Office schedules individual appointments Monday through Friday. During your visit you can meet with admissions and financial aid counselors, discuss housing options, and learn about the variety of student services we offer.
Campus tours are offered at the following times:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 am and 2:00 pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
Housing tours are offered only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 3:00 pm.
During the summer months (mid-May through August 31st) we offer one tour at 11:00 am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We ask that all summer visitors schedule an appointment to ensure we have a tour guide available.
Why Visit Us?
Visiting campus is truly the best way to get to know Herkimer, and discover if you could see yourself here. We invite each and every student considering Herkimer County Community College to visit our campus and experience firsthand what makes us so unique. Take a tour of campus. See our on-campus housing. Speak with an Admissions Counselor. This experience allows you to get a real feel for our atmosphere and personality.
How To Get Here
Please visit our Directions and Map page for driving directions to campus. If you’ll be staying overnight, information regarding local lodging accommodations can be found on our Hotels page.
What Can I Do On My Campus Visit?
The Herkimer County Community College Admissions Office offers interviews to high school seniors and transfer students on a space available basis. They are a good way for us to learn more about you, and for you to learn more about us, in a one-on-one setting. Information sessions, led by an Admission Counselor, are available to high school juniors.
If you are interested in speaking to a coach about any of our athletic programs, please contact the appropriate member of our coaching staff directly.
If you would like to speak with a member of our Academic Support Center including the Service For Student Disability office please call 315-866-0300 x-8288.
Five Things To Remember to Make the Most of a Campus Visit
- Have the student do his/her homework before visiting: check out web sites and viewbooks before traveling. Talk to people you know about the school(s) you want to visit to learn more about them and to prepare a list of questions specific to those schools.
- Don’t try to do too much in one day. Allow adequate travel time to/from each school and leave some time in between to rejuvenate from the previous visit.
- The campus tour is a MUST. But venture off the beaten path: check out bulletin boards, visit a class, and eat a meal on campus to get a real feel for the place. Be sure to visit a residence hall, computer labs, the library, and other places where students congregate (student center, etc.)
- If you can schedule an interview, definitely do so and do so well in advance of when you plan to travel.
- Have fun and try to enjoy the day - after all, the purpose of the visit is to see whether the student will feel comfortable at the school.