2014 Torchbearers Award Nominations Welcome
Every five years Herkimer County Community College recognizes individuals whose contributions to HCCC have had a significant and lasting impact on the college. The Nomination Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2014 Torchbearer Awards. Particular emphasis is given to individuals whose contributions occurred during the first twenty years of the college’s history (1966 – 1986). Awards may be presented posthumously.
Nominations must be received by Friday, October 4th, 2013. Lists of the nomination eligibility criteria and Torchbearer Award recipients to date, and a 2014 nomination form are available here. Please direct any questions regarding the Torchbearer Awards to Daniel Sargent, Assistant to the President: (315) 866-0300 ext. 8525; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Eligibility Criteria:
- Nominees cannot currently be employed as Herkimer County Community College personnel.
- If a nominee is a former Herkimer County Community College employee, she/he must not have performed full-time service for the College for a minimum of 5 years.
- If a nominee is a former Herkimer County Community College employee, she/he must have been awarded Emeritus Status if it was available for his/her position.
- Nominees cannot serve on the Herkimer County Community College Board of Trustees and concurrently be considered for this recognition.
- Persons elected to public office in Herkimer County who are currently serving their term cannot be nominated for this award.
- If a relative of a Nomination Committee member is nominated for this award, the committee member will be expected to resign from the committee.