Mapping Our Future:
Herkimer County Community College
During the 2009-2010 Academic Year, the College underwent a rigorous strategic planning process. The result of that process was the creation of strategic Goals, Objectives and Action Steps along with key performance measures to create the Herkimer County Community College Strategic Plan 2010-2015: Mapping our Future.
The Plan outlined a shared vision for the future of the College reaffirming our purpose in the face of challenging economic times and changing student demographics. It recognized the importance of remaining current with operational, educational and emerging workforce technologies. The identification of core values, a new mission and vision statements, and strategic performance goals were essential for establishing a culture of assessment across the campus.
The plan serves as a dynamic, day-to-day guide for decision making and resource planning. It was intended to be a rolling plan with Action Steps tied to the institution's budget process and newly identified tasks tied to strategic Objectives with stated measurable outcomes. Outcomes based on pre-established criteria are assessed annually at the end of each spring semester in order to identify those tasks which have been completed, those which are in progress, and those which need to be realigned for the upcoming academic year.
The first cycle of our continuous strategic planning process has been completed. The new Strategic Plan for 2012 - 2017 is listed below.
- Appendix A: Mapping Our Future: Herkimer County Community College Strategic Plan 2013 - 2018 »
- Appendix B: Strategic Planning Process Flow Chart »
- Appendix C: Strategic Planning Process »
- Appendix D: Institutional Effectiveness Report Card »
- Appendix E: Key Performance Indicator Measures »
- Appendix F: Participants in the Strategic Planning Process »
- Appendix G: Alignment with the SUNY Strategic Plan and MSCHE Standards »
- Appendix H: Implementation Matrix »
- APPENDIX I - Strategic Plan Implementation Guide »