Phone: 315-866-0300 x8284
Office: RMCC 262
How many times have you heard those very encouraging words, your college experience is going to be "the time of your life"? The problem is that while that is true for some, it is not always the same for others. For many students what at first seems like the "time of your life" can all of a sudden seem very overwhelming. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the new challenges college life can often bring, then consider making an appointment with a counselor. The Counseling Center offers an array of services. Some examples of ways the center can help are:
Adjustment to college life, low self-esteem, roommate problems, depression, home sickness, relationship problems, sexual assault, anxiety/panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, alcohol/drug problems, stress, grief/bereavement, family problems.
The Counseling Center offers groups on a regular basis. Some of the groups which have been offered are:
- REWIND (Rethinking Experiences with Substances Including New Decision-making)
- SASSy (Substance Abuse Awareness Sessions)
- CWC (Confident Women Can)
- AA Meetings-RMCC 112 6:30p -7:30p (meetings are not sponsored by the Counseling Center).
- Grief Support
If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts or know of another HCCC student who is, contact one of the following ASAP:
- Campus Safety - 911
- The Counseling Center (8am to 4:30 pm)- (315) 866-0300 x8284
- MCAT (Mobile Crisis Assessment Team) 315-732-MCAT (6228) * they are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Local Police Department if living off campus - 911