Do I need to take a Placement Test?
Placement testing in math, writing, and reading comprehension is required of all new full-time students before registering for classes. ACCUPLACER computerized tests are given for math and reading comprehension.
Placement Testing Waivers:
The placement test requirement or specific sections of the test may be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- High school average of 88 or above
- SAT: 500 minimum on individual sub-tests (reading, writing and math)
- ACT: Composite score of 21 or above
- Satisfactory ACCUPLACER test scores from the past two years
- Transfer credit: College level English and/or math, with a grade of C or above.
- College Now: Completed courses with a grade of C or above.
You should submit all official test results to the Admissions Office and all official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at least TWO weeks in advance to allow for determination of waiver.
Register here: http://www.herkimer.edu/placement_testing