Dropping a Course
Questions to think about before dropping a course for college credit:
- Are you having a difficult time in your College Now course?
- Do you feel that you are not ready or do not have the necessary time to dedicate yourself to a college course?
- Are you concerned about obtaining a poor final letter grade as this will become a permanent grade on your college transcript?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, it is strongly recommended that you make an appointment with your guidance counselor to discuss dropping the course for college credit.
If you decide to drop the course for college credit, you must follow the steps below:
- Obtain a Drop/Add form from your high school guidance counselor
- Complete all required information on the Drop/Add form
- Mail the Drop/Add form to the following (mailing address below)
- Once received, the College Now Specialist will sign your form as your advisor and the registrar’s office will withdraw you from the course. You will then receive a grade of "W" for withdrawn. This grade of W will not affect your college GPA.
Herkimer County Community College
College Now Office
100 Reservoir Road
Herkimer, NY 13350
Dates for Dropping a College Now Course
There is a deadline for dropping a College Now course. The last day to drop a fall semester course or a course that runs for the full academic year is December 3rd, 2012. The last to drop a spring 2013 semester course is May 6, 2013.
Prorated tuition refunds will be granted as follows for classes dropped within the first three weeks after the registration session at your school:
75% refund for classes dropped within the first week after the registration session
50% refund for classes dropped within the second week after the registration session
25% refund for classes dropped within the third week after the registration session