Academic Support Center
Within the Academic Support Center, you will find the following:
- Computer Lab - computers are available for student use, loaded with many of the most utilized course software applications you'll need for your courses (and there's always help available nearby in case you have a question).
- Collaborative Learning Space - does your instructor require a group project this semester? Use this exciting new ASC space to allow your group to collaborate, brainstorm and produce that project more effectively. This unique area features interactive whiteboard capabilities and a fun group seating area. Bring your laptop or use one of ours - we are wireless. No reservations necessary to use this space. First come, first served!
- Academic Success Workshops - Watch for new listings each semester -- new ideas always welcome!
- Study Rooms for Individual or Small Group Use - all ASC rooms are wireless and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Learning Styles and Strengths Assessment - find out how you learn best and what your talent profile tells you about yourself. Use this knowledge to make the most of your academic and career potential!
Academic Support Center website
To contact the Academic Support Center, please call 315-866-0300 x8288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each student is assigned an academic advisor. The advisor's responsibility is to assist students in planning their program of study. Generally this includes, but is not limited to:
- Explaining to the student the program as it relates to career and/or transfer goals
- Helping the student to understand graduation requirements in the student's curriculum.
- Providing a link to the college's counseling services
- Assisting the student with scheduling and course adjustments (drop/add)
- Providing referrals and advice to ensure academic progress
All entering students are assigned an advisor within the student's specific curriculum. The student stays with this advisor throughout the student's tenure unless a change is made to another academic program. It is the student's responsibility to meet with the advisor, seeking the advisor's assistance when needed, and to insure that all requirements for graduation are met.
The academic advising program is under the direction of the Director of the Advisement Center. Students may walk in, but it's best to arrange an appointment ahead of time if at all possible.
Regular hours : Sunday 4pm - 9pm; Monday to Thursday 8am - 9pm; Friday 8am - 4pm.
The Library will be open an extra hour, until 10pm, December 2 - 5, and December 8-10.
TXT for LIBRARY ANSWERS 315-836-3796
The Library is full-service, yet provides a comfortable place to read, do research, and study. We are committed to providing equal service to on-campus and online students. The HCCC Library provides full-service information resources to on-campus and online students. The library has more than 60,000 print books and 18,000 electronic books, which can be accessed through an online catalog, and approximately 200 print periodical subscriptions. A variety of online reference databases providing access to thousands of magazines, journals and reference works are also available. An online interlibrary loan system and reciprocal agreements allow the HCCC Library and students to borrow needed materials from other libraries. These agreements help to expand the quality and quantity of information available to students.
Librarians are available to assist students and faculty most hours the Library is open. Their primary function is to assist and teach users how to navigate the often-complex world of information. They also provide introductions to Library resources through scheduled tours, workshops, courses, and one-on-one instruction.
The Library is located on the second and third floors in the Library Building. During the Spring and Fall semesters, it is open Sunday through Friday.
Contact the Library
Reference Desk: 315-866-0300 ext. 8394
Reference Desk, Toll-free: 1-888-GO4-HCCC (464-4222) ext. 8394
Circulation Desk: 315-866-0300 ext.8272
TXT FOR LIBRARY ANSWERS: 315-836-3796
Click Ask Us button (on left) for Chat
Herkimer County Community College
100 Reservoir Rd.
Herkimer, NY 13350
For more on the college library
Whether you are taking a class online or just have a question when the Center is closed, the Academic Support Center's online tutoring service is just a click away! You can ask a specific question, review concepts, or submit a paper for review and comment and receive an answer via e-mail within 24-78 hours.
Once you've signed into ANGEL, go to the Community Groups section and click the "Find a Group" link. Enter "tutoring" in the keyword search box. Click the "Enroll" link to add online tutoring to your ANGEL homepage so that you can access it day or night.
Looking to transfer onto a 4-year institution, we can help.
The Transfer Process
It is important to establish a plan to follow when deciding on colleges to research, filling out applications and financial aid and applying for scholarships. The transfer counselors will assist you in creating an organized plan of action and give you information useful to the process. It is important to begin planning for transfer during your first semester at HCCC.
Services include individual transfer assistance with a transfer counselor, transfer assistance workshops, an annual Transfer College Day with over fifty college representatives, individual on-campus visits throughout the year by various four-year colleges, a transfer resource library, information on transfer scholarships and computer assisted college search.
View our Transfer Agreements with other institutions
To speak with a transfer counselor, please call 315-866-0300 x8284
Tutoring is regularly available for over 75 different HCCC courses and is free of charge to registered HCCC students. HCCC's tutorial program is nationally certified and is staffed with trained, experienced tutors. Click the link below for this semester's schedule of specific subjects and available times. Referral forms are available in academic divisions and other locations across campus. Faculty and staff who wish to refer students may utilize these forms. All students are welcome, even without a referral. Tutoring is available in person (appointments as well as walk-in hours) or online through ANGEL.
If you are currently a registered student, you can make an appointment for one-on-one tutoring by:
- stopping in at the ASC front desk (LB 104)
- calling 315-866-0300 x8275
- schedule an appointment online, please call 315-866-0300 x8275 with any questions